I have had a whole year to plan this, but the motivation to start working on the cart has been elusive. Today I took a plunge and simply started working.
I have been compiling pictures from different Ladureé carts around the world, and using them for inspiration. My cart was like this to start with:
![]() |
| Stock photo of the assembled cart |
Comparing it with others that I had seen, there were several things I did not like: the handles, for starters, and the fact that the body has the bottom way down, so anything you want to feature gets hidden, and you have to peek in.
So I decided to slightly alter it, to make it look more like this one:
So, I would be removing the handles and adding a "roof" and some legs. I would also add kind of like a "table" to make the cart flush to show the merchandise.
Since I already had some painted parts, I decided to start making a pattern for the table in 1mm cardboard. It was easy, and it served my purpose very well:
1mm cardboard did not seem very sturdy, so I used 5 mm foamboard to craft something that would not bend:
![]() |
| Just draw the pattern... |
![]() |
| ...and cut it to shape |
![]() |
| Paint it mint green... |
![]() |
| ...and dry fit inside the cart |
It's not perfect, but I am happy with the results!
Next, to craft the roof. I used the same foamboard to cut two pieces, and painted them green (they need more coats, but that will be done tomorrow):
Next, to try to craft the legs: I bought some stairs pillars from Tienda de Casitas. I assembled the wheels, tried the pillars with them to check the size, and cut them to measure with the help of my husband:
![]() |
| They look wonderful! |
I am so happy with them, because they look very similar to the ones in this picture:
So tomorrow I will be painting them green. And I realized that I need to paint the columns that hold the roof in gold, so I will be doing that as well.
More tomorrow!














No comments:
Post a Comment