The work in the cart continues.
Picking up where I left, I painted the cart legs, and while they were drying, I also painted the posts of the cart in gold, and added a fine line of gold to the trim. I cheated and did this with a gold Edding pen:
Now glueing the wheels:
Then I attached the legs:
After this, I finally set up the "table" for the counter:
As the counter table is made of foamboard, I did not like the look of the edges, so in an attempt to cover them, I cut a paper trim of 6 mm, painted it green, and applied it to the edges:
![]() |
| It's starting to look good! |
Next step was preparing the roof. I took the covers I made the previous day and added more layers of green paint. After that, it was very easy to attach them to the structure:
I love them, but I will cover all the edges with papers, just as I did with the "table".
I was ready to call it a day after this, but then I noticed that one side of the cart looked higher than the other, so I used a lever to check, and OMG, what a disaster!
![]() |
| Oh noes!! |
The bubble is supposed to be centered, so I have no other recourse than to remove the legs, sand them to measure and glue them again. But that will come the next day.
More soon!









No comments:
Post a Comment