Sunday, August 30, 2026

Ladureé cart update #2

After the fiasco of the too-tall legs, I had to pry them off the cart, sand them, and attach them again.  That did not take long.  Then I started crafting a cover for the roof, and more covers for the edges.  It was very easy to print some cardboard and paint the pieces mint green:

Edges...

... and roof cover

 I attached everything with regular white glue, and the results were very good:

Edges before...

... and after

Roof covered successfully!

Now,  I could probably do some more details to the cart to make it look even more pefect, but I was happy with what I have achieved here.  I think this is the most time I have dedicated to set up a scene ever.  I am very proud of the results, and with all the modifications I made.  I really did not expect for it to look this good:





I have two shelves left, that were supposed to go in both sides of the cart, so people could use them to support stuff, but I am not glueing them just because the real Ladureé carts do not have them - in a way, I agree, they break the lines of the cart.  So I will just keep them, in case I can use them for some other thing, or if I change my mind.

Now, since the construction of the cart took many days, and since I simply hate painting and glueing, I dedicated the time between sessions to print and assemble loads of boxes to decorate it.  All the boxes come from Zena's Miniatures - she has plenty of macaron boxes.  However, I changed the logos to feature the Ladureé logo.  I had bought these printables almost a year ago, and I was dying to make them!

Aren't they adorable?

The green set to the right was bought a long time ago, and it is no longer available, but I wanted to include it as well.  I also could bring out the fabulous clear display, the trays and the tongs:

The trays fit perfectly!

Waiting to be filled up with delicious macarons

The shelf unit and the contents all come from Beautifully Handmade.  Of course, I still have to craft all the tiny macarons that will be on the trays, but I will do that when the heat of Summer decreases, so I can work the polymer clay easier.  

While searching for inspo, I found this picture:


 
Detail that was very inspirational...
 

This tote bag really got my attention.  Specially because one of my providers sells a bag that is practically the same design!  So I bought it, and tried to recreate it to the best of my ability.  This is what I made:

 


The boxes are part of Zena's kits, and the bag and the bottle come from Tienda de Casitas.  The bottle was originally like this:

A camping thermos (stock photo)

I designed a label with the corporate green color and Ladureé logo.  I printed it on latex adhesive paper, and it looks so nice you cannot see where the edges meet.  So happy with it, and so proud of myself!  I removed the cup, and used it in another scene.  I used this bottle in the display counter as inspiration:

And here are some pics of the whole cart, already filled:





Poster taken from a Ladureé real menu

 

The poster with the macarons was made by scanning a real menu that I was given with my order in July 2025.  

Now, except for the mararons, it is practically finished.  I am thinking of trying to find a glass counter like the one in the real picture and fill it up with stuff.  We'll see if that is doable.  In the meantime, I am so happy with my cart!  

No comments: