Monday, March 23, 2020

A long time postponed project: The Phantom of the Opera shrine

It has been literally years since I have been planning to do this.  But for some reason or other, it was something that always got pushed to the back burner.  These days of quarantine were the push I needed to finally do it.

The Phantom of the Opera shrine:





The truth is, the glass domes I had bought were not big enough to accomodate this display, so I finally caved in and bought this kit from Art of Mini, as well as a set of Venetian Masks.  I substitued the enclosed papers with some sheet music, printed at home, from Vectoria Designs.  In one of them you can see the title "Don Juan Triumphant" - the opera score Erik was composing.  Then I included the Phantom's mask and a a red rose.

It was super simple and easy to make, and I am very happy how it has turned out.  Now, I face a problem: it does't fit the place where I wanted to showcase it.  Either I have to find somewhere else to put it, or it will have to go to the new house (in time).

No comments: