Wednesday, September 14, 2022

More work on the beach hut

I was away last weekend, much to my chagrin.  But I have spent a couple of afternoons finishing the roof of the hut.

I started by painting everything that needed to be painted and let it dry.  

While that was happening, I wanted to make better the sink cabinet.  It was originally like this:

As you can see, it only has two spaces for storage, but they are very big, and I wanted the option to fill them up with stuff.  After all, there is not many room for storage in the hut.  So I decided to add a shelf to the door space, and a divider in the undersink.  I made templates to make sure I had the right size; I cut a couple of pieces of balsa wood using them as guide, sanded them to measure and installed them in the cabinet.


Love it!

After that, I started working with the roof pieces.  First, I took a sheet of shiplap wallpaper - this time from Jessica Cloe - and covered the inside part.


Cut to measure

Before glueing the wallpaper, I had to mark the place in which the supporting triangles for the roof would be.  Then I could wallpaper with an easy mind.



 After that, glueing the supporting pieces:



While the glue was setting, I painted white the trim and the accents diamonds.  When they were dry, I simply glued them to the edges of the roof:   And finally, the beach hut construction is finished!

Yay!  I love it!



No comments: