Saturday, September 3, 2022

Book nook: Explorer cabin

A new book nook, made with the same kind of box I made the Nurse's Office.

For this one I don't have a particular reason I did it.  I found some time ago a beautiful steam trunk from Heidi Ott, and I liked it so much I wanted to have it.  I thought about including it in the museum scene, but it was way too big for that.  So when the box came into my possession, I decided to feature it there.

The wallpapers are the creation of Pixel Market, as well as the ceiling, pictures and the floor.  


The right side of the trunk features a human skull, a box with microscope slides, a microscope, a rack with glass tubes, a handmade box with mineral samples, and some fossils:


The minerals were a gift from a coworker

The microscope slides are the creation of Ana Circea

The fossils are also from my coworker

The left side of the trunk features a vintage cetacean poster, books and a drawer with more nature posters.  The posters are the creation of Lost Miniatures.

The books are the creation of Evona at Artsy Miniatures

So happy to have finally finished this one!  The handmade wood box took a while to finish, but that's because I am lazy to work with wood sticks :)

I am very excited with my next project, with is going to be a beach hut!  Hopefully, more on that soon...

No comments: