Friday, April 15, 2022

Japanese roombox. Day 3

Yesterday I almost wrapped up.  So I just finished putting the finishing touches in the last wall - a couple of decorative beams, and voilà!  The Japanese room is finished!  At least, the construction process itself:

A vision of beauty! ♥

What is left to do but glue all the walls?  Well, the ceiling, naturally, but that will have to wait.  I was so, so excited to start decorating! So, while the glue was drying up, I unpacked all the accessories that I had been collected for this moment, and started the display.  First off, a lovely table, also the creation of Ana, was put in place first.  It is all paper and foamboard.  It took me about 30 minutes to do, and I finished it off with some Mod Podge so it would look shiny:

Love it!

A little bit of food - it was almost lunch time!

Oh my.  How long I have waited for this...

The pictures and the book are also Ana's creations.  I won't hang the pictures until some more furniture has been placed, as well as the lamps that will iluminate the scene - that is something that I am planning to do from scratch!  The cabinet is a spice cabinet full of tiny drawers and pigeon holes - I am sure I will not be able to find anything so small to fill them.  The tiny tea box on top of the cabinet is from Zenas Miniatures.  

It was so exciting to start thinking in little details to add, and decorations too!  I made a couple of sake bottles after lunch:


I spent the afternoon window shopping, and I have already ordered some little details to display, as well as some furniture.  I can't wait for them to show up, but it's going to take some weeks!  In the meantime, I'll keep thinking of little things to add!

I am so happy with everything.  Tomorrow, the only thing that is left: the ceiling.

No comments: