Thursday, April 14, 2022

Japanese roombox. Day 2

I started early because I was eager to continue seeing progress.  First things first, to finish the left wall.  For starters, I finished the beams, made a 3D door and glued it in place:


3D door

Glued in place

Trying the wall for effect.  Love it!

Next, the right wall.  Pretty much like the left, but sans the door.  I started with the white cardboard (cheapest wallpaper ever, two A2 sheets for just 1 euro!), and added the wainscott and the little wood beams:




Fabulous!

Just one wall left!  I started with the cardboard, of course, and added the wainscott and the upper wood beam:


So clean lines!  I love the effect!

I am torn with this last wall.  I had been thinking of adding a window with views to a garden, as a mirage.  But after several tryouts it did not really appeal to me.  So today I will just add the last beam and keep it simple - very zen!  More room to decorate!

No comments: