Sunday, November 7, 2021

New furnishings for the living room

I found Kassandra today very busy, hanging up some pictures in her newly finished living room.

"What are you up to today?"

"Good morning, dear.  As you can see, I am dressing up my walls.  Since we are so fond of cinema, I have chosen to decorate with some movie posters."

"What have you got for display?"


"Well, in the first place, some classics that we adore.  Dracula, as it could not be any other way.  I absolutely love Coppola's movie!  It may not be completely faithful to the book, but I so enjoy the cinematography, the costumes, and the absinthe scene... Oh, that is one of the best I have seen in any film!  And Blade Runner, another of out favorite classics.  But of course, something more modern:  The Justice League.  The actor that plays Superman is one of my favorites.  He looks so handsome in that picture, don't you think?"

"Why, yes, of course.  I assume you have seen "The Witcher" as well?"

"But of course!  I cannot wait for December to start the second season!"

"And this other painting over here?"


"That is the lovely Nadja, from "What we do in the Shadows".  She is a riot; if she was real I am sure we would be great friends.  That picture is featured in the opening credits of the show."

"That is so fun!  This place looks really neat to have a movie marathon afternoon."

 "Why, thank you, dear!"

No comments: