Tuesday, July 21, 2020

The attic is finished, and The Island is ready to be enjoyed!

Today Kassandra and I retook the work in the room of the attic.  Since the ballet studio is finished, she now wants to have available a little space to craft and entertain herself.  

We started adorning the walls with white shiplap wallpaper.  As always, it was challenging to cut the hole for the window, but it was fine in the end:


Then, we installed the floor.  A minty colored, Andalusian inspired design:


Kassandra thinks it adds a Mediterranean vibe to the room.  I think it looks lovely.

"Why have we not wallpapered the last wall?", I asked, realizing we had one left.
"Oh, we are not using ordinary wallpaper in that wall".
"What are we using then?"
"You'll see..."

We started unfolding the paper, and I was very surprised when I saw what Kassandra wanted up:


It is so unlike her that I could not help to say:

"Well, that is a very modern approach".
"You think?"
"Why, yes.  It is now fashionable to use nature photographs to decorate a room".
"Oh, this is not just any photograph.  It was taken in our island".
"Your... island?"
"Oh yes.  Every summer we gather there to spend a couple of months.  The kids love to run in the beach, and we the adults enjoy the peace and quiet.  We have a very nice house with a couple of pools, and we do luaus, cocktail bars and sometimes even little concerts to amuse ourselves."
"Somehow I cannot imagine a family of vampires at a sunny beach".
"Well, not all of us are vampires, dear.  Besides, I do not expose myself to the Sun.  I am not so modern as to that.  But I do enjoy some swimming when the sunset is near.  In fact, I think I will call this room The Island."
"It is a very adequate name, I think."



Some furniture already in place
We are currently waiting on some more furniture to decorate.  More on that soon!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fantasy apart, the beautiful picture is from Florida, taken by the talented Evona, from Artsy Miniatures.  Go and check out her fabulous shop!

No comments: