Sunday, July 12, 2020

Two new hand-made minis

I had seen recently a nice wood box containing a pair of flintlock dueling pistols.  I fell in love with it, but the selling price was way out of my range.  So I decided to make my own.

To do that, I purchased a simple and inexpensive sewing box (the same model I used to make the coin collection):


I stripped it of everything it had (it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be):


Then I took red suede paper to cover the inside:





Then I was adventurous and tried to put some hinges in the lid, which was hold by a strip of masking tape.  It took some effort, but it was doable:

The pistols fit just barely, but surely!
Then I decided to use the little drawer to hold some bullets, that I made of silver polymer clay:

Finished!
The original one had a green interior, and no drawer.  And the main compartment was bigger.  But I am very happy with it, and it looks wonderful in the museum:


Also, I made a couple of lamps with vellum paper and some LED lights:


It looks great in the patio!



These are the beautiful children of Suzy, go check if there is something in her shop that you like!  Kassandra is very happy to have modern, but no-so-modern lights in the house!

No comments: