Remember when, a long time ago now, I talked about doing a newsstand or magazine kiosk? Well, finally it got turned into a beach kiosk. These kind of shops are very popular near Spanish beaches, and you can find many of them alongside a promenade if you take a walk.
It's been many months (dare I even say years?) since it was finished, but yesterday I realized I haven't post pictures, so here they are:
![]() |
| I have placed it in one of the shelves in my study |
![]() |
| A vintage gum ball machine, and fridge with cold sodas |
![]() |
| Plenty of magazines to choose from |
I spent weeks making the magazines, but I had a blast. I designed all of them myself with Photoshop, and all of them have an ad in the back of the same theme the magazine is about. For example, the dollhouses magazines have an ad for miniatures; the bridal magazines for wedding gowns. And so on and so forth. Each magazine has 5 double pages inside and they are glued shut to keep them realistic-looking. There are lot of them: about 55 magazines of various subjects (bridal, nature, cinema, miniatures, decoration...); there is also some comic-books (both DC and Marvel, featuring my favorite characters), some Sudokus and puzzles, and child and adult coloring books - the children ones include a box of crayons!
There are also snacks: chips, chocolate bars, the gum ball machine, and of course, water and sodas.
![]() |
| I'm sure you will find something to your liking! |
![]() |
| Get a snack while you are at it! |
And since we are near the beach there are also beach bags, mats, beach chairs, fishing nets, ping-pong sets, flip-flops, sunscreens and some souvenirs: lighthouses, glass buoys and some beach shells for your mini collection.
There's also some beach balls, pinwheels and pails.
It was so much fun making this! I bought stuff from a lot of different talented vendors, some things I made myself, and some were some bits and bobs I had lying about. Sometimes I catch myself thinking what more I can include, and if I find something that I like I will buy it for sure. Until then, this is it.






No comments:
Post a Comment