Sunday, June 23, 2024

Working on the Cryocan

Yesterday I went to buy some supplies for the Cryocan project, and this afternoon I started.  I am so excited about it!

I started by taking out the cap and nozzle, and then priming and painting the top of the can in white.  I gave a couple of coats of spray primer, and then another two of spray white paint:

I covered the can up until the rim with newspaper to protect it

Once removed the paper the results are great!

No silver showing anywhere

Yay!

I set the can aside to let it dry well.  I left it on my husband's table, because if it is in mine, I will not stop handling it, and I don't want to risk ruining the work.

Next, I took the cap and nozzle, and gave them a coat of primer:

I let them dry for 10 minutes, and then applied a couple of coats of spray blue paint:


I sprayed them outside, of course, but they were taking some time to dry properly, and I decided to bring them in, and also not touch them more until tomorrow.  I am sure the shade of blue I used is not the same as the original can, but it is what was available.  Hubby says the nozzle looks great - he is the expert, if he says so, I believe him :)

Tomorrow more!

No comments: