Sunday, June 30, 2024

The Cryocan is finished!

 Finally!  I am so happy how well it turned out after some minor alterations!

I let dry thoroughly the nozzle and cap, and simple inserted them back into place.  

The last step was the label.  I had already printed Paul's amazing replica on matte photo paper, and I was going to stick that onto an adhesive sheet.  But I found some really cool adhesive vinyl A4 sheets that were good for inkjet printers, so I bought a box. They print amazingly well!

I printed one, and it was a tad bit large for my can, so without thinking I trimmed the excess from the bottom, and it was a mistake:

As you can see, the letters are very near the bottom

And when the can is closed, they are barely visible

So I decided to shrink the label a bit, to make it fit completely.  That did not worked out either, since now it was too short to cover all around the can - it lacked about half an inch.  So I printed it a third time, and this time I trimmed from both the top and the bottom, making sure I was not losing any letters.  I removed the first label (which came out easily and without leaving any residue) and sticked on the new one.  Now it is perfect!


Absolutely love it!

I was going to spray paint silver the cartridges that hold the vials, but in the end I decided against it.  I thought maybe the paint would prevent the vials from fitting properly, And the can is going to be sitting in the shelf mostly closed, so it won't be visible anyway.  

Considering the money I spent on the purchase of the can, and the materials needed to make it perfect (around 40 euros) I would say it was good investment, compared to what the real replica costs - and I had a lot of fun too!


No comments: