Sunday, September 6, 2020

The living room is ready for furnishing

It took a loooong time for Kassandra to find some suitable wallpapers to start doing this room.  But yesterday was the day that was finished.

We started by the left wall, in which she wanted to have a bucolic scene, although with a modern design.

"This is very pretty", I said.  "It reminds me of those murals that they used to paint in the walls of palaces".

"Yes, that is why I like it.  I have found a lovely seller that has some wallpapers like those you are referring to, but they are very classic for a modern house like this.  But this one has a beautiful image, and it will combine very well with the other wallpaper."

And so, we put the mural in the first wall:


And then the second and third, with a matching grey and white stripped wallpaper:



 
Naturally, we had to use a template to match the space for the door, but we used the same one of the cellar, only wrong side up.  It was worth it, and it came out splendidly.

"It looks very nice."

"Yes indeed.  Jessica's wallpapers are abundant in this house."

"So, what's next?"

"The floor.  You are going to love it".


"Oh, it's luxurious!  It looks like Italian marble!"

"Isn't it gorgeous?  Evona made it.  The same artist that made the wallpaper murals we were talking about.  I am thinking of using another of her floors in the bedroom..."

"In the bedroom?  But, Kassandra, the bedroom is already finished!"

"I know, but when you see it, you'll understand why.  Let's set up the coffee corner!".

"Coffee corner?"

The jar contains real grounded coffee
"Oh my, that is something!"

"Do you like it?  I told you this house was going to be for entertaining guests.  My favorite humans love their coffee.  Now we can bring back the jellyfish aquarium and the TV set up."


"It's starting to look very cozy!"

"I have you to thank for that!  Come on, I want to finish the last wall!"

Then we embarked in the last wall.  The one with a door and a window.  Obviously we had to make a template; once done, we cut to measure and installed the wallpaper, and the curtains:


"I was starting to miss a little black in this house!"

"Very chic and modern!  Your tastes have changed a bit..."

"I would say that they have evolved.  I love the overall effect!  Tomorrow we have some details to finish.  But we can already supply the door with the doorknobs, that is not much extra work..."



"Fantastic!  And what is it that you want to do tomorrow?"

"I have had delivered some new door inserts.  The ones I bought were nice, but these ones are much better.  You'll see...".

No comments: