Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Haberdashery shop

I had never been fond of haberdashery minis, but recently I have found out that it was because most of the items I had seen were poorly made.  I recently found a shop full of downloadable printables, and many of them were haberdashery items.  I fell in love!

So, in the the last days of quarantine, I purchased a beautiful shop front, that you can even hang from a wall when finished!  It is small, and it wasn't expensive, but it is regal!  It is mahogany-colored wood, and it even has a "glass" for the front window.  And the back opens for easy access to the inside: 




Isn't it gorgeous?
The shop that I found that has the most amazing printables that I have seen in a long time is Zenas Miniatures.  They are not expensive at all, you can buy them and start working on your project right away.  Zena also has ready-made items that you can purchase, and her gowns and clothes are beautiful!

This is the shop, with some of her printables already in place:


Isn't this button stand incredible?  It took me 4 afternoons to complete all the tiny button cards!
So happy to have a project that I can make almost entirely out of printed paper.  I have seen a couple of miniatures that I want to buy, though.  You absolutely need a sewing machine at a haberdashery shop!  And scissors.  And maybe a pretty sewing box...

No comments: