Sunday, December 6, 2020

Free printable, because Christmas is coming

This weekend I found Kassandra very busy.

"What are you up to?", I asked.

"Well, since the weather is awful and we are better at home, I decided to decorate for the solstice.  Our kids love this time of year."


"Oh, you are still starting."

"Yes, I only have hung the bounting.  I still have to take out the Christmas tree and decorate it.  Would you like to help?"

"Sure, why not?  It will be fun."

Taking out the Christmas tree...

... and putting on ornaments

"What about this?"

"Oh, that is Santa's mailbox.  Each kid writes a letter and deposits it inside for Santa to pick up.  We only let them ask for one thing each, although we always put on more gifts for them."

"And do you write Chrismtas cards as well?"

"Those are for the kids to write to their cousins.  We have family all scattered throughout Europe, and they like to send them cards.  But we will see them at the Solstice party".

"Of course!  I forgot that you do not actually celebrate Christmas..."

 

"But you have very little decorations, Kassandra..."

"I have bought some more this year, but I still have to prepare them before I take them out.  You'll see them soon."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you decorate your dollhouse for Christmas?  If you do, do you have a Christmas tree? And if so, does it have its proper box to be put away the rest of the year? No? Well, you are lucky, because I bring you one!

I designed this box some time ago, but today is the day I actually printed it and assembled it.  It measures about 8.5 cm long, so I could fit my mini Christmas tree inside, but you can make it bigger or smaller if you need to.  There are three files: one with the box as you can see in the pictures - you can print this one in white paper; one in which the box has no decorations, so you can use any colored paper that you like; and one with the labels so you can cut them and stick them in the box, if you prefer that look.  HERE you go!  Just click on the file(s) you want, right-click and select "Download". Have fun!

As always, feel free to craft and gift, or share the file (links back are nice too!), but please, do not sell the files or your finished creations.  Thank you!

No comments: