Monday, February 3, 2014

New Magictail tail skin!

So, since I am using my Magictail so much I decided to order a new tail skin, as birthday gift to myself.  You do know you can order tail skins separately, right?  I wanted to order a new one to have as a replacement, since Magictails are made of swimsuit fabric, and eventually, all swimsuit fabric gets ruined by chlorine.

Well, since I was doubtful between the Marina and the Arielle the first time I ordered, I chose an Arielle skin this time.  I ordered it on January 27th, and it was already here on the 31st.  Here are some pictures of the two tails together:

Monofin on the blue one
Monofin on the green one
Fluke detail
Compare colors

Comparing sizes
The blue one has stretched a bit with the use
As you can see, there is a noticeable size difference between the two.  I contacted Kirsten Söller to check if there was a mistake with my order, although I did not think so.  Everything was marked very clearly with my chosen sizes; the monofin fits perfectly, and the tail fits me.  I was informed that there is a tag inside the tail skin with the size, and indeed, mine is size L.  So you can see that tails stretch quite a bit after some use.  I have had the Marina for almost 2 years, but I have used it a total time of maybe 2 months of daily use, about 3 or 4 hours per day.

Both tails are not similar in color.  The Marina is definitely a darkish blue with shades of black, and the Arielle, despite having shades of turquoise, it has a predominant soft green color.  I love them both, but the Marina is still my favorite.  I will probably buy more blue skins when mine has been completely worn out.

I will shoot a video comparing the two shortly.  Stay tuned!

*UPDATE*
Here is the promised video.  Enjoy!

No comments: