Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Nail design of the week

This week's design is based on a beautiful French manicure that I saw in The Model Stage blog:

Picture from The Model Stage Blog
I love the grey color, and the subtlety of the fine line for the tips!  So this the result of my manicure:


It is in no way as perfect as hers; but I normally use the nail tip whitener following my own white lines, and since this time I did not have them, it was difficult for me to be precise.  I think I should buy tip guides for this kind of work (I hate using tape!).  These are the tools I used:
Unglax nail hardener as base coat
Margaret Astor Quick'N Go (I believe it is #360, although I am not sure)
Seche Vite top coat
Naio coconut cuticle oil for the cuticles when everything is finished and dry

While Ana used a nude color for the tips, I used my nail tip whitener.  I do not like nude colors.  I do not even own one.

Now that I have done it, I am not sure if I like the results on my own nails.  Probably I will like it more when it's Winter and I will be using darker colors to dress.  But I do not think it works during Summer.  Very classy and elegant, yes, but not suitable for a day at the beach, me thinks...

1 comment:

linnea-maria said...

I think it looks great. That colour combination, nude and grey is something I use in my clothes sometimes :)