Friday, April 3, 2009

Labels for your jars

It's amazing how a tiny detail such a simply label can improve the appearance of an object.

When I begun to create the magic studio for my vampire dollhouse occupant, I used the famous trick to stain white regular paper with an used tea bag to give a label the feeling of antique parchment. This was the result:

And so this was the appearance of all my glass jars.

But then came Dead Spider. I had followed her work for a long time, since before last Halloween, and I was delighted when she became part of the Etsy's Dark Side Street Team, from which I am a member too. Her labels were fang-tastic! Unfortunately for me, I had no use for them, since I don't have a curiosities cabinet. But then one day she posted in her shop a sheet of miniature labels! I couldn't resist, and wrote to her, asking if it was possible to customize the labels with titles of my choice. She was very accomodating with my request, made them for me and send them.

I was so happy when I opened the mail box today and found an envelope with her name! The labels were delicious, and I couldn't resist to apply a couple of them to my jars to share them here:

Much better now, right?
It's a happy coincidence that we both like to use the same font for the labels!

And to think I still have 18 labels more to play with... I'm going to have so much fun this weekend!

No comments: