Friday, September 16, 2022

The beach hut is finished!

It's been a fun couple of weeks!!  I was very eager to see this finished, and I am so happy how it came out.  Here are some pics of the finished work, and then I will post pics of little details:

I finally decided that I did not like the painted roof and opted to wallpaper it with grey shingles

I really like the house number!

Peaking through the windows..

View from the top, without the roof

A nice lunch table for two. The towel rack has designs from Véronique

A little side shelf to store stuff and to use as auxiliary table. 

A sink with cupboards to store utensils and food

Plates, glasses, food pantry and cleaning supplies

View from the entrace, with the doors open.  The carpet is the work of Ana Circea.

These director chairs are also from Seaside Miniatures.  A super easy kit made with wood and fabric paper.


Here is a view of the blind curtains that I talked about in the tutorial some days ago.

Do you see the white plates?  Those won't be like that for long...

My husband and I have gifted ourselves new dinner plates for our anniversary.  They are Sargadelos plates, which we absolutely adore.  A coworker of his gave us a beatiful coffee set from Sargadelos for our wedding , which we have been using since then.  She also gifted us a couple of mugs.  So this year we decided to buy some plates as well.  The design of our coffee set is no longer in production, so we chose the Espiroide design.  And naturally, I wanted some Sargadelos plates in the beach hut!

I simply printed the design to fit the plates, cut them, glue them and glazed them with Mod Podge.


Before

Process

After

That is mostly everything, for now.  I am going to buy some wood to make a base for the hut, so I can add some extra floor and set up some more decorations.  More on that soon, I hope!

No comments: