Sunday, May 15, 2022

Something new, never done before

Following up with the Japanese scene, I had purchased a long time ago a kit to make a pond - with gravel, rocks, plants and fish.  However, the recipient was more intended for a garden or an outside scene, so I opted for doing an aquarium instead.

I was surprised when I caught myself thinking that Reutter boxes looked very much like an aquarium.  You just need to turn them upside down, both the clear plastic cover and the base:


Reutter box without the brand paper

... and turned upside down

It didn't take me long to design the aquarium.

I was nervous about mixing the resin for the "water", but I had brought home graduated cylinder to help with measurements.  I had to do 40 ml of water and that was too much for a couple of 5 ml syringes, which was what I had at home.  It turned out OK, and I poured the mixed resin in the aquarium:

I was hoping the fish would float, but it didn't happen...

Still, I love the composition!

I set everything apart so the resin would settle without incidents.  This morning I checked up on the tank, and I noticed that the resin had yellowed a bit, but not too much - it looks a little like murky water, but still everything can be seen clearly:


I am very happy with it.  My furniture is still stuck at Customs, so I have rescued an old table to put it on until the new ones come.

No comments: