Thursday, December 24, 2020

Little masks and boxes for dollhouse

People say that art imitates life.  I bring you a post about something of the sort.

This year our way of life has been altered by Covid-19.  Masks, gloves and plastic screens have become an everyday necessary object to use, to protect ourselves, and others as well.

I have seen many (many!) people incorporating such articles to their miniature scenes.  I refuse to do it.  First, because Kassandra is a vampire, and as such, she cannot get sick.  But second, because for me, my miniature wold is an ideal place.  A place where bad things cannot happen.  Where people do not die, and sickness cannot enter.  Covid-19 does not exist in miniature - even though the real virus is smaller than 1:144 scale.

I asked my mom today if she would be interested in some masks for her dolls, and she said no - apparently, she thinks the same as me: that with real-life Covid is more than enough.  However, she said she would be happy to have a box for her medical scene - a doctor practice.

Some days ago, I found a blog where the owner was providing a template to make a mask box.  Doing the mask was another thing.  I managed to come up with a method using blue tissue paper, regular white paper and a bit of white cord (white thread would work as well):

It is a little bigger than it should, but I could not manage to make it smaller.  If you are in need of a mask for your dolls or a little bit of hand sanitizer, you can get them at Buttecups Miniatures.

Stay safe and happy holidays!

No comments: