Friday, October 16, 2020

Details for The Island

Today I found Kassandra very busy, sorting out some stuff in the cabinets of the Island.

"What are you doing?", I asked.

"Good morning, dear.  I was organizing some materials I brought.  Now that I have the space for a crafting room, I can tidy up my hobbies supplies.  Are you fond of dollhouses?"

"Absolutely!  I did not know you liked them as well".

"Why, naturally!  Don't you know that when a female vampire marries, it is custom to gift her a dollhouse to decorate?  If she has the money, she will order one that looks like her real life house, and she strives to decorate it as close as possible as the big counterpart."

 "How charming!"

"Indeed!  I have my own, but I want more.  So I brought some dollhouses kits and supplies to build them."

"I'm sure you will have lots of fun doing so."

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Fantasy apart, it's the details that make a dollhouse look like it is lived in. 

A couple of days ago I found a fabulous idea at shop:

Picture by Shrews Miniatures

This dollhouse making kit is made of win!  I absolutely wanted one, so I made my own.

I love designing boxes, so I searched the internet for dollhouses kits in a box, to make several for Kassandra's craft room.  It took a while to find them, but I like how they look, considering the images I used are of pictures of the actual boxes:

The Atlanta is the best-looking one

 Then, I searched for some tutorial books, and made them, filled with pages, but glued shut:


After that, the wallpapers, the carpetting, the glue bottle and tiny boxes with furniture and components:


The images of the boxes are of real dollhouse kits, and I designed the headers of the carpetting bags.  The wallpapers are a smaller version of the wallpapers I have in my small dollhouse, and are the creations of Ana Circea.  The glue bottle is a long forgotten beauty bottle that never seemed to find its place - now it has found its purpose!

I had a lot of fun making this.  I could even try out our new printer - the old one is no longer functioning properly.  So nice to be on holiday to do some crafting!

No comments: