Saturday, February 15, 2020

Renovations have started

Kassandra tells me that the repairs of her newly acquired house have started.  She has taken off her nice clothes, and is ready to work on her house, which amazes me.  I never took her for a woman that gets her hands dirty, but I guess she is all excited about her new home.  We already gave the house a good wash to remove the dust, and let it dry well.  Now the roof is being given a new coat of paint:

A work in progress

I paint 3 rows at a time, so as to not get tired - I hate painting!
Also, she said that some required materials for the renovations have been delivered, so yesterday we started the work together.
"Were should we start?", I asked.
"I think we should start by putting the glass in the windows.  Not having glass on them makes the house too open."
"OK, let's do that".

So, we measured the windows and took the plastic sheets to cut them to measure.  It was very easy to cut them; I started with a cutter for straight lines, but scissors work perfectly well too:


And we installed them with some narrow double-sided tape (because everything is easier with double-sided tape!).  

Getting the tape in place

All done!
One down, several more to go.  We did the other window from the first floor:  



It looks very nice from outside!

Then, we moved to the two round windows:


And then the ones in the attic:


But then...

"What's this?  We are out of material!", she said.
"Already?"
"Well, to tell you the truth, I wanted to make sure that we would be able to work with it, before spending too much money on it.  But it works well, and the results are perfect.  I guess I will have to order more..."
"Indeed".
"Well, no matter.  In the meantime, we will put the new rails in the terrace, and install the floor of the attic".
"For the floor we need the help of your friend Charles to cut the wood..."
"I know, but that has been arranged.  I´ll have the wood cut in a couple of days.  Before we'll put the cornices to sustain the new floor".
"OK".
"I really like how well the windows look.  Don't you?"
"Of course!  They look fantastic!"

You can see which windows now have panels due to the reflection

No comments: