Friday, November 1, 2019

New minis for the museum

Happy Day of the Dead, and belated Halloween!

Nothing like a free day to craft and enjoy minis.  Today I was busy with some pieces from Bindels Ornaments.  I made two sets of vanity tray, one for me and one for my mom:


Marijke shows you how to do the lovely box in this video.  And you can see how to make the rest of the pieces here.

I wanted to include this tray in the soap shop, in the Black and White shelf.  I think now the shelf is finally finished:



And I made another box for the museum scene.  This one is a piece recovered from an Egyptian site, with lapis lazuli inlays:


I am still waiting for the furniture to arrive, but in the meantime, I can share this lovely fossil from the hands of Val Harper, owner of Unique Miniatures:

See the box with the triceratops head?
Triceratops have always been my favorite dinosaur!  I was very lucky to snatch this piece!  I am currently working on more pieces for the museum.  Very soon Kassandra will have lots of tales to tell you about the new "acquisitions"...

No comments: