Saturday, November 30, 2019

Crafting for the museum

Isn't it wonderful when you just have to craft something because you cannot wait to see it finished?  The museum room is starting to have pieces to display.  First one: a jewelry box that used to belong to an Egyptian queen!

Remember that old jewelry box that I repurposed into a Tarot cards box?  Well, it has been repurposed again into a jewelry box!  I removed the golden sun charm from the lid, and painted it again for a new decoration.  Hubby lent me the paints - I had to use a mix of two colors to match the box's brown:


Then, I used an scarab charm to decorate the lid.  I wanted it to be yellow gold, like most jewels were in the Ancient Egypt.  I simply painted the scarab with a golden paint, let it dry, and affixed it to the lid:

Before and after painting
I even added a red jewel to the center of the piece!
Then I decorated the sides with scenes taken from Egyptian papyrus, depicting scenes from the Book of Dead.

And the most fun part: to add the jewels inside!  Naturally, they are pieces from Bindels, except the Ankh, which I already had.  A nice pair of lotus earrings, a bracelet and a charm piece!  I love them!


I hope to be able to do the table in which everything Egyptian will be displayed this weekend.

No comments: