Monday, September 18, 2017

Kassandra's big renovation is OVER! - Parlor, day two

Yay!  It's finished!!

So it turns out doing the last of the walls was not that difficult.  I made patterns as always, but having the pattern of the hall for the stairs made things easier.  I only had to cut it a couple of times before it was good.


This time I printed the two sheets of paper and attached them together before gluing them to the wall. I was quite nervous because they were my LAST two sheets of paper.   It was not difficult to align the design of the wallpaper, but I began to sweat when it was time for cutting them with the patterns.  If I made a mistake, I could not correct it until I was able to get more paper... Well, thank goodness no mistakes were made, and soon enough I had the patterns all cut up:

One more time, the cornice to the rescue!
And sure enough, everything went up perfectly:



The stairs did not present any problems, and it was not problematic to glue the paper, even though it ended up being quite long.  I think the parlor looks regal now:



I hanged up the curtains for Kassandra.  Last time I saw her she was very busy rearranging the furniture, and she looked delighted with her new home.  Hopefully I will be able to see her later today, and everything will be already in its place.  More pics of that to come!

I wonder what she will be asking for after this...

No comments: